Another good news IMF says Sierra Leone’s economic growth has accelerated and predicts 13 GDP growth in 2013
PRESIDENT ERNEST BAI KOROMA has been handling the Sierra Leone economy excellently. The International Monetary Fund ( IMF ) has just concluded a three-week mission in the country and the conclusions that the organization has drawn provide further proof that President Koroma is doing well with the Sierra Leone economy . READ THE FULL STATEMENT BELOW ...
President Koroma “We must develop and adopt solutions that are relevant and appropriate for Sierra Leone “
Our country is facing a lot of challenges in meeting its National Water and Sanitation Policy targets. This disturbs me greatly. There is no doubt that the time for more comprehensive and sustained actions is now. And so over the next two days we must review what we (as a sector) have done well and what are the remaining challenges. Most importantly, we must all understand the strong imperative ...
By State House Communications Unit : BINTUMANI HOTEL, Aberdeen, Freetown, 21 May, 2013/— Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) has been identified by government under pillar three of the ';Agenda for Prosperity'; as pivotal in promoting social growth and economic empowerment among Sierra Leoneans. In this regard, therefore, His Excellency Dr Ernest Bai Koroma has said at the ...
Most 27-year-old Northern Irishmen who want to be at next year's World Cup in Brazil will have to buy a ticket - but Johnny McKinstry has other plans. Having ...
Saturday, June 1 8:00pm Artisphere Arlington, VA World renowned for the strength and resilience embodied in their music, Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars were first introduced to the world through ...
The 400 Blows (Les quatre cents coups) [DVD]
In the early 1950s, with the help of noted film theorist and critic Andr Bazin, 20-year-old Franois Truffaut began writing regularly for the Parisian film journal Cahiers du cinema. He quickly gained a reputation as an uncompromising and often vicious critic with a clear-cut sense ... ...
The Liberia Anti Corruption Commission or LACC has released the names of several government officials who lied about their wealth when they declared their assets. LACC Cllr. Francis Johnson Allison named National Port Authority or NPA Managing Director Matilda Parker, the Port of Buchanan Operations Manager Oretha Zeon, Ministry of Internal Affairs Comptroller Blayon Brown Sarlee and Charles ...
An International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission led by Ms. Malangu Kabedi-Mbuyi visited Freetown during May 8–21 to carry out discussions for the 2013 Article IV consultation and for a three-year economic and financial program that could be supported by the IMF under the Extended Credit Facility (ECF). The mission held discussions with Minister of Finance and Economic Development, Kaifala ...
175 runners from 12 countries around the world will be arriving at Lungi airport in the next few days to participate in the second annual Sierra Leone ...
By Christopher Koker: Political Analyst & Commentator TOO MUCH OF ONE THING IS GOOD FOR NOTHING! This goes to underscore the fact that leadership and responsibility-mindedness are inseparable; and that indeed, responsibility- mindedness, is the hallmark of good and thus responsible leadership. The Freetown City Council, through the Agency of the FREETOWN WASTE MANAGEMENT COMPANY, has been ...
Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) has been identified by government under pillar three of the "Agenda for Prosperity" as pivotal in promoting social growth and economic empowerment among Sierra Leoneans. In this regard, therefore, His Excellency Dr Ernest Bai Koroma has said at the official opening session of the two-day conference on Water Sanitation and Hygiene at the Bintumani ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- LIBERIA WASH Consortium Ends Legislative Forum Lawmakers Promise to Prioritize Water SanitatioN
- World Bank Announces US$1 Billion Pledge to Africa’s Great Lakes Region
- IFAD loan of US$3 million to revive small-scale agriculture in Seychelles
- Liberia Officials Declared False Assets
- Organizers of Failed April 12 Demo Want Recommendations Implemented
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Former United player Brian Greenhoff dies aged 60
- Seniors decorate sailboat for positive prank
- Helen Mirren Knights Dying Boy Fulfills His Final Wish
- If Cable Is Dying Why Is it Still Making So Much Money
- Google Top Charts show worlds searches for whiskey more
- EU leaders talk tough on tackling Amazon Google over taxes
- Newsweeks All-Digital Relaunch Includes Ad Sponsorship Plan
- Foursquare gets better at local search with new filters on mobile
- Twitter lets advertisers collect contact info from tweets
- World motorsport chief to visit Botswana
- Uganda signs new national football coach
- Indian vice president visit to Ethiopia
- Questions raised over valuation dropping Guptas property price in S. Africa
- Over 7 million people now receiving HIV treatment in Africa - UN report
- Fitness Success 5 great ways to make fitness and weight loss easier
- Fitness-for-work tests unfair on people with mental health problems court says
- Children’s fitness gets D-minus on national report card
- Fitness was a job requirement department
- California judge weighs whether yoga is a religion
- Another good news IMF says Sierra Leone’s economic growth has accelerated and predicts 13 GDP growth in 2013
- President Koroma “We must develop and adopt solutions that are relevant and appropriate for Sierra Leone “
- Short-term impacts or “quick fixes” can no longer be tolerated” — EBK warns.
- McKinstry on the march
- Win Tickets to see Sierra Leones Refugee All Stars
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- NASA gives company grant for 3-D food printer pizza deliverymen tremble
- Moon Crash Scene Investigation Tonight See Telescope Views of Meteorite Impact
- Rare View of Ancient Galaxy Crash Revealed
- Lovely math The odds of finding true love