By Alhaji M.B. Jalloh : A three-man Hajj Mission delegation led by Sierra Leone’s Social Welfare Minister, Honourable Moijueh Kaikai, has arrived in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Other members of the delegation include some members of the National Hajj Coordinating Committee (NHCC), Alhaji M.S Kargbo and Dr. Ahmed Ramadan Jalloh. Hon. Kaikai said they are here to make preparations for the ...
Channel education funding through gov’t not NGOs –Deputy Education Minister tells International partners in Brussels
Sierra Leone's Deputy Education, Science and Technology Minister, Mamoud Tarawalie has told International Partners on education in Brussels that, "funding Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) to carry-out implementation on behalf of government can never be fully successful, because a significant percentage of the funds meant for the beneficiaries will be used up as 'management ...
“Kono is a very important district to this administration”…President Koroma assures Kono stakeholders
By State House Communications Unit : STATE HOUSE, Freetown, May 24, 2013/–The Government of Sierra Leone through the Ministry of Works, Housing and Infrastructure and the Sierra Leone Roads Authority (SLRA), has on Friday, May 24th, 2013 awarded the contract for the construction of the first phase of the Kono road project, from Matotoka-Yeyi, during a symbolic signing ceremony held in the ...
Sierra Leone's Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Hon. Dr. Samura Mathew Wilson Kamara today (24th May 2013) took a conducted tour to assess the progress in the work at the Sierra Leone Embassy project site in Addis Ababa. His Excellency President Dr. Ernest Bai Koroma on 26th January 2013 officially commissioned and turned the sod for the construction of the ...
International Labor Rights ForumInstitute for Policy Studies Firestone Workers in Liberia Sign Historic Contract
New Contract is a Major Victory for International Campaign Against Firestone WASHINGTON - August 6 - Workers on the ...
(Major spoiler warning: For those who havent seen the movie yet, abandon this review and come back later if you dont want to know what the movies big twist is.) ...
By KABS KANU : The undisputed fact is that the West has fallen. The United States of America , Britain and the Western world are no longer the land of opportunities they once were in the 1960s, 70s, 80s and even in the early 90s. Today, America, England and Europe have nothing remarkable to offer anymore and Africans are running back home to queue for jobs from their governments. How things ...
In the forenoon of Friday 24th of May, 2013 in the High Court of the Republic of Sierra Leone, Justice Abdulai H. Charm served justice when he acquitted and discharged Momoh Kemoh Konte, first accused on all 5 counts with which he was charged by the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC). He was charged with two (2) counts of ';Soliciting an Advantage, contrary to Section 35(1) of the Anti ...
OPINION Indeed: Joseph Sherman (Saidu) can't be trusted By Pasco Temple I have read part one of an article written by Joseph Sherman, titled "People and Enemies that have led to the Retrogression of the Republic of Sierra Leone", including reactions by contributors to various social media networks. The article consist of personal complaints- confused by unsubstantiated ...
Hillsborough Middle School won the county softball championship on Tuesday. In front are Alexa Penna, left, and Hannah McCray. In center, from left, are Catherine Korsun, Alissa Saverino, Jenny Klein, Grace Cofino, Julia Colavita and Anna Barney. In back, from left, are Coach Larissa McCann, Kelsey Galevich, Sofia Leone, Adriana Prieto, Kristen Sarik, Nikita Solanki, Ashley Steeneck, Coach Rich ...
FREETOWN, Sierra Leone - The national Olympic committee of Sierra Leone says it has been suspended by the country's sports minister, even though it maintains he has "no such jurisdiction." The Sierra Leone Olympic Committee says recent elections were held according to IOC rules and it is an autonomous body that works with the sports ministry and is not "under" the ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Our Imperative for Coexistence Countering Looming Distrust and Tensions
- Liberian-American Shot Dead in Trenton
- LIBERIA Despite Detractors’ Quest To Malign Matilda W. Parker’s Reputation Women Bestows Honor
- PARIS Liberian Ambassador To France Lauds Peace Ambassador George Weah
- LIBERIA Several Question LACC Corruption Fight Described Action As “Witch-Hunt”
- Heart failure ups risk of male menopause 4 fold
- Alberta seniors hospitalized after violent home invasion
- Elderly woman speaks about dog attack from hospital
- Collapse refocuses attention on aging spans
- Riots spread outside Stockholm Sweden in sixth night of violence
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- Kerry US Working with AU to Reduce Sudan Violence
- Kerry Calls on Nigeria to Stop Human Rights Abuses
- African Leaders Condemn Ongoing Use of Cluster Bombs
- Retiring Kirsten says two-in-one Kallis absence to leave huge void in Proteas squad
- Heather Graham displays yoga skills
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Why Exercise Wont Make You Thin
- Kim K convinces beau Kanye West to attend baby shower
- Monkey teeth give clues on when Neanderthal baby was weaned
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Says Having Babies Destroy Women Careers
- Kanye Wests Baby Photo Is Pretty Adorable
- Billionaire under fire after suggesting motherhood destroys ambition
- Hon. Moijueh Kaikai Leads Hajj Mission Team to Saudi Arabia
- Channel education funding through gov’t not NGOs –Deputy Education Minister tells International partners in Brussels
- “Kono is a very important district to this administration”…President Koroma assures Kono stakeholders
- Foreign Minister looks at construction site of new embassy in Ethiopia
- International Labor Rights ForumInstitute for Policy Studies Firestone Workers in Liberia Sign Historic Contract
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Earliest light in universe since Big Bang measured for 1st time
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Mars Society Proposes A Year-Long Arctic Mission To Better Prepare for the Red Planet
- French Soldier Stabbed in the Throat While on Patrol Outside Paris