Every woman can be the “virtuous Woman” of the Bible Guests at Covenant Child Breakfast Fellowship told
The Covenant Child World Ministries of Somerset, New Jersey last Saturday held a Breakfast fellowship for female members and women in the community . The Breakfast , which was organized by the Women’s Fellowship of the church and held at the Caribbean Palace Hall , was not only part of the Mothers’ Day celebrations but was also designed as a spiritual outreach to evangelize and ...
By State House Communications Unit : BOYS SCHOOL CAMPUS, Magburaka Town, 17 May, 2013/–His Excellency Dr Ernest Bai Koroma has confidently told the people of Magburaka that their township is on the rise. ';Magburaka is rising again with paved roads, solar-lit streets. Magburaka is rising again, with employment opportunities opening up for its inhabitants; Magburaka is rising again, ...
Zainab Bangura is the UN special representative on sexual violence in conflict. Appointed last year, her mandate is to combat rape and sexual violence as a weapon of war. She recently travelled to the Democratic Republic of Congo, which was described by her predecessor as ';the rape capital of the world';, and came face to face with the perpetrators of these crimes. Zainab told ...
I had a very good time last Thursday when I was invited by Saudi Journalists to witness an award ceremony for Journalists and media houses. A good number of Saudi Journalists were honored with prizes for outstanding work at the National Media Awards ceremony hosted at the prestigious Park Hyatt Hotel here in Riyadh. The prizes were handed out by Minister of Culture and Information Abdulaziz ...
2013 paid a one day working visit to the flour mill factory, commonly known as Sea Board West Africa Company located at Cline Town, east end of ...
At least Clint Eastwood is starting to act his age, rather than ignore it. At 72, he is still trying to play the hardened "Dirty Harry" role, but at least now he's taking his advanced years into account and making it work toward the plot instead than against it. Unfortunately, his latest film, Blood Work, in which be both stars and directs, is a largely anemic mystery-thriller that moves s ... ...
Sierra Leone has one of the worst crime figures in West Africa. A survey conducted last year found that the majority of people in the country do not trust the police force. Over 70% of people also said that the police force is the most corrupt institution in the country. This is a highly damning record, for an institution which takes its roots from the British tradition of 'fair cop' ...
When I got back to Parliament after the trip, I bumped literally into Hon Alice Foyah and after apologising for my clumsiness I told her of my trip to her constituency. She smiled fully, her eyes like two shining buttons. She placed a hand on my shoulder and said ...
JAFAI-Health and Support Services , a non-governmental philanthropic organization is seeking to empower women, children and persons with disability in Sierra Leone. The organization recently visited five deprived communities, Susan Bay, Kroobay, Waterloo Refugee Camp, Pademba Road Disabled Center, and the Lightfoot Boston Street of Freetown, to find out about problems, and a way of means to ...
Building on foundations established by Delco over four decades ago, London Mining Company has further demonstrated its commitment to the community and people of Lunsar and its environs by renovating the Lunsar Town ...
As part of "Operation WID", abandoned and illegally parked vehicles on main streets have become another major concern. Watching from where I am standing, it has had some instant successes, as many streets have been cleared to allow the free flow of traffic. It took me less than 10 minutes from Eastern Police to Up Gun Turntable the other day. A few months ago, this was unthinkable, and ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This was the second time I had reviewed this hotel. I understand it recently underwent a $15 million refurbishment, and ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- African-American Faithfuls Others Rally at State Capitol to Shape Justice Bill
- Minnesota-Based Pro-USA Awards Sports Training Scholarships to Minority Youth
- African Community Minority Groups Hold Civic Engagement Conversation April 11 in Minnesota
- DRC FPP and partners launch pioneering book on Indigenous Peoples and Free
- LIBERIA French Company And Liberian Owned Catering Company Signed Agreement
- May celebrates bicycles BBQ salads seniors
- Driving Safely While Aging Gracefully
- Greying China taps rural elderly to care for those even older
- Moorpark workshop to offer seniors advice about legal documents
- Seniors enjoy breakthrough season for Butler track team
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Amla not surprised at Kirstens decision to step down as coach
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Gun control advocates now admit IRS intimidation scandal proves Second Amendment needed to stop government tyranny
- Bacon lovers begone as Vancouverites urged to go vegetarian on ‘Meatless Monday’
- IRS demanded Facebook posts book titles names of donors during politically-motivated targeting of non-profits
- Parents bully youth over fracking presentation at Colorado middle school
- Every woman can be the “virtuous Woman” of the Bible Guests at Covenant Child Breakfast Fellowship told
- “Magburaka is rising again” President Koroma says at MBSS Prize-giving
- Zainab Bangura tells BBC Rapists try to break the spirit of their victims
- Romancing with Saudi media gurus
- Flour Mill may collapse accountant tells minister
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Near-Earth asteroids and Mars 2 moons considered for future space missions
- Mars rover Opportunity examining rock changed by water
- Medical emergency eyed in Va. parade crash
- Space Capsule Returns Cosmic Rodents to Earth after Month-Long Flight