President Barack Obama will leave on a first African tour next month, visiting Senegal, Tanzania and South Africa, but his itinerary bypasses Kenya, an ancestral homeland. Obama disappointed many Africans by spending only a few hours in sub-Saharan Africa -- in Ghana -- during his first term, but is keen to implement a sweeping new regional strategy, prioritizing democracy and economic reform. ...
Kent Cricket Club Sierra Leone (formerly Kenemmanjane Cricket Club) beat Police Women's Cricket Club by 9 wickets at the opening ceremony of the Sierra Leone Cricket Association National T20 Women’s Premier League 2013. (Photo: Ann Marie Kamara, Kent Cricket Club Captain, in bowling ...
was recently lauded in Istanbul, Turkey during the 8th International Electronic Communications Regulators Conference for his "unwavering commitment to integrity" as he continues to lead the ...
The Office of the Prosecutor (OTP) concluded a two-day training of fifty police prosecutors at Kingtom Police Barracks on Saturday, held as part of the OTP's ongoing effort to build capacity in Sierra Leone's judicial ...
At the end of the meeting, they officially formed what they called 'The Sierra Leone Nationals’ Association in the Emirates,'; (SLNAE) with Ibrahim Bah as their Acting Chairman (in ...
The Great Gatsby
At one point in Baz Luhrmanns The Great Gatsby, the titular millionaire asks without a hint of irony, You think its too much? as he surveys a room that he has literally filled to the ceiling with flowers in a desperate attempt to impress his lost love, although he could very ... ...
I have taken pains to reference the above in the light of what I hear on radio or what I read in newspapers. The journalist, they say, is an opinion maker from whom people make informed judgment about issues that affect their lives. Imagine a situation whereby a journalist broadcasts or publishes the wrong information about people or ...
Charles Margai Esq., actually got the needed media hype;(against him), he had time with police officers, or yes, he was their guest for some 66 hours; he was all over the place and the international media was not spared of this political hoax by a controversial figure in Sierra Leone's political history. But come on, all this occurred all for the wrong ...
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, center, and Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, left, meet with Chief of Police Marc Armblah at the police academy in Monrovia, Liberia Thursday, Aug. 13, ...
The chairman of Sierra Leone's National Telecommunication Commission (NATCOM) – Siray A. Timbo, was recently lauded in Istanbul, Turkey, for the bold steps he is taking in addressing the country’s ICT regulation challenges. Mr. Timbo (Photo) was attending the 8th International Electronic Communications Regulators Conference, where he was commended for his "unwavering ...
Appeal Court Judge, Justice E.B. Edwards on Friday ordered the lawyers representing African Media Sierra Leone Ltd and the Independent Media Commission (IMC) to submit their written arguments and all relevant documents relating to the cancellation of Afri Radio’s license, within seventy-two hours. Counsel Yada Williams and Osman Jalloh representing the appellant (African Media Sierra ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Spirit of Jealousy Envy Major Challenge in Liberia Says Departing IA Minister
- Daniel Chea Breaks Silence on Losing Complaints Fraud Allegations Against NEC
- ‘Becoming Human Again’ Liberia’s Fistula Survivors Share Stories of Redemption
- Recalling a Great Life Reactions Pouring in for Late Archbishop Michael Francis
- High Sodomy in Nimba Cells
- Winona Ryder proud of forehead lines
- Dame Helen Mirren becomes the Queen for dying fan
- Sleep apnea in seniors linked to Alzheimers
- For the elderly in US poetry blunts the pain of isolation
- Man charged with stealing checks from elderly woman
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- NowThis News Attracts High-Profile Supporters
- NY official Airbnb stay illegal host fined $2400
- Kelly Rowland Paulina Rubio join U.S. X Factor judges panel
- UPDATE 1-Sprint gets waiver from Softbank permitting discussions with Dish
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- Teen Dies of Cancer After Touching Millions With Song
- Past Differences Hamper US-Russian Efforts to Help Syria
- Uganda to Continue Leaked Letter Investigation Says Official
- 2 F.B.I. Agents Die in Counterterrorism Training Exercise at Sea
- Gyms For Women Sell More Than Fitness
- Angelina Jolie backlash grows as everyday moms blast elitist double mastectomy as affordable only by ultra rich
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Doctors increasingly declaring bankruptcy as Obamacare kicks in causing widespread care shortages
- Obama to take first major Africa trip in late June
- Kent Sierra Leone thrash Police Women’s Cricket Club by 9 wickets
- In Sierra Leone NATCOM Chairman lauded for his ‘unwavering commitment to integrity’ as a regulator
- Office of the Prosecutor Trains Police Prosecutors in Kingtom Sierra Leone
- After President Koroma’s UAE visit Sierra Leone Association formed in Dubai
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Voyage to Mars has its sceptics
- One giant leap for Britain UKs first official astronaut Tim Peake on tweeting like Chris Hadfield and missing his wife and sons
- Death toll at least 51 in Oklahoma tornado
- Voyage to Mars has its skeptics
- NASA rover Curiosity drills into second Martian rock prepares to study it in detail