NEW DELHI - India and Japan, both major energy fuel importers, are mulling joining forces while bidding for potential tenders for liquefied natural gas (LNG) supplies with an eye to beating down the high prices. Both the countries will work out a strategy in the next three months, Petroleum and natural gas secretary Vivek Rae told reporters on sidelines of the 8th Asia Gas Partnership Summit ...
WASHINGTON - The US trade deficit narrowed in October with oil sales helping exports rise 1.8 percent to a record high of $192.7 billion in October over previous month, the US Commerce Department has said. Bureau of Economic Analysis of the Department of Commerce announced Wednesday that total October exports of $192.7 billion and imports of $233.3 billion resulted in a 5.4 percent drop in ...
WASHINGTON - Internet search engine Google has acquired seven robotics companies in the past half a year and has begun the process of building its own robots that could undertake manufacturing and could be deployed in the supply chain sector. To start with Google has created a new robotics group under Andy Rubin, who was previously in charge of the Android operating system, and bought seven ...
BEIJING - China has awarded its first superfast 4G telecommunications licences to three mobile phone companies. Designed to give mobile phone users faster access to the internet services, the first set of licenses were granted by the government to China Mobile, China Unicom Hong Kong and China Telecom. It is not as yet clear if any rollout conditions have been attached to the licences, or ...
BRUSSELS - The European Union has slapped a 1.7 billion euros ($2.3 billion) fine on eight major banks, including Deutsche Bank, RBS and JPMorgan, for rigging interest rates. German Deutsche Bank, involved in rigging the Euribor and Japanese yen Tibor rates, was fined a total of 725 million euros, while the French Societe Generale was fined 446 million euros for manipulating the European ...
Perhaps you have to be a dog owner to be reduced to the blubbering mess that I found myself in by the end of Disney's Eight Below, but there you have it. Even with my sharpened critical faculties turned on high alert to detect every ounce of contrived tear duct manipulation, I was ... ...
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
NICOSIA, Cyprus -- The Cypriot government says the privatization of state-owned companies will start in two years, when the bailed-out country's economy is projected to start growing again. Government spokesman Christos Stylianides says first in line for privatization is the Cyprus Telecommunications Authority. He says the government will retain some ownership stakes, workers' rights ...
NEW YORK -- Fast-food workers and labor organizers are set to turn out in support of higher wages in cities across the country Thursday. Organizers say walkouts are planned in 100 cities, with rallies set for another 100 cities. But it's not clear what the actual turnout will be and whether they'll shut down or even disrupt restaurant operations. A similar day of protests this summer ...
ISSAQUAH, Wash. -- Costco's sales at stores open at least a year rose 2 percent in November, missing Wall Street's expectations for a period that included the critical Black Friday holiday shopping weekend.Analysts surveyed by FactSet predicted a 3.3 percent rise in the metric. Costco shares slipped $1.75, or 1.4 percent, to $121.22 in premarket trading Thursday about three hours ahead ...
We expect a dovish tone [at the meeting] and Draghi is expected to leave door open to further accommodation if needed, with the use of any available tool. We anticipate the December staff projections to show a slight downward revision for the 2014 inflation forecast (about 0.2% to 1.1%) on the back of lower oil prices and a carry-over effects due to the low inflation rate at the end of 2013. ...
GMT The OBR says that the main explanation for its upward revisions has been stronger-than-expected private consumption growth in 2013. But despite the growth forecast upgrades this year and next year, the fiscal watchdog remains rather ...
gas companies.With the measures, most of which were well trailed in advance, the chancellor will hope to have lifted some of the political pressure off the government by responding to the call from the Labour leader, Ed Miliband, in September for a gas and electricity price freeze.Osborne has allowed the big six power firms to take longer over delivery of the Energy Company Obligation, under ...
The Chinese central bank has warned the country's financial institutions not to trade in bitcoin, saying that the digital currency doesn't have "real meaning" and lacks legal protections. However, no explicit risk to China's financial system was identified by the bank, and it reiterated that individual citizens were free to use bitcoin provided they were aware that they ...
tax bill on any profits they make after the chancellor announced he was closing a loophole that meant they were treated more favourably than British landlords.The autumn statement contained confirmation of the change, together with news that landlords who have previously lived in their investment property will benefit from less tax relief when they eventually sell up.Recent years have seen the ...
The National Campaign for the Arts has looked at 20 indicators – from funding to cultural output – to find out how the UK arts have changed since 2007. They found that employment was down though satisfaction was ...
Speaking ahead of chancellor George Osborne's autumn statement on Thursday, Labour leader Ed Miliband claims British families are 1,600 a year worse off under prime minister David Cameron's coalition government. The opposition leader also comments on changes to the state pension retirement ...
Reported in the press
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
Record Your Vote
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Sierra Leone Times.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Le Meridien Dubai
I had taken a rental car from Abu Dhabi and driven up to Dubai, a trip of about 140 kilometres. ...Keep reading
Trailer of Sunny Leone's upcoming film 'Jackpot' was launched in the presence of director Kaizad Gustad and her co-star Sachin Joshi in Mumbai.
Speaking on the occasion, the 32-year-old actress grabbed eyeballs as she narrated her experience during the shooting of the film.
"It was a great experience; I loved the story from the very beginning. It was written beautifully Sir and that's the reason why I picked this film and obviously working with Sachin was a pleasure as well. Working with Naseer sir was as you know a jackpot and a dream come true for me. Being able to work with someone who is so many talented people was great and we had lot of fun in the shoot," she said.
The movie, which is slated for a December 13th release, is set in the world of casino boats and gambling in Goa. (ANI)
- Thanks for Listening Madam President
- Cockrum Others May Not Have Fair Trial - LIPI Suggests Independent Prosecutor
- Resign Your Posts Liberty Party Tells GOL Officials Caught On Corkrum Tape
- Divided House Wedge Dividing Sirleafs Cabinet Visible Cracks in Corkrum Saga
- We Have Nothing to Hide
- Nuclear drama ends Thieves in great risk of dying
- Nick Clegg defends free school meals for children aged six and seven
- Aging British rockers Stones set for Macau gig
- Woman arrested in connection with murder of elderly man
- Staffing levels at for-profit seniors homes ‘dangerous’ expert says
- Campaign to downsize Australian public broadcaster gathers steam
- The lesson of Intel TVs demise We failed and so can you
- This Year-old Production Company Is Tapping Into the Zeitgeist
- Aisha Tyler Calls Kanye West The Straight Black Liberace
- Evangeline Lilly Not Too Happy With Womens Healths Best Butt Ever Claim
- Judge allows Obama's uncle to stay in US
- Idris Elba more selective about roles after Nelson Mandela flick
- Fletcher says Indian team arriving in SA with no mental scars
- Deadly Violence Erupts in CAR Capital
- Ukraine’s Protesters Prepare for Long Haul
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Qantas to cut 1000 jobs deducts CEOs salary
- Crack Open A Can Of Exercise Over That Writers Block
- All-Natural Foods That Kids Will Love
- Health Ranger I was poisoned by chronic exposure to toxic elements lurking in organic foods
- ‘Social workers stole my baby’ Forced caesarean mother tells of horrific ordeal
- Parenting Recommended Reading With Fire Commissioner Salvatore Cassano
- Raped baby suffers a setback
- Baby healthy after mother dies of Mers in Abu Dhabi
- Court upholds suspended jail terms for illegal baby adoption
- A President in touch with reality
- Hon. Robin Farley addresses PLTC College Student Union Inauguration
- National Road Safety Policy and Trust Fund established in Sierra Leone
- In contrast to the rest of the world’s sluggish progress African economies stand out for their high rates of growth and the effusive confidence they inspire – Report
- Why did independence not bring peace to African politics
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Researchers mystified over plasma loss mechanisms from Saturns magnetosphere
- NASA probe obtains best views of Saturns unique six-sided jet stream
- NASA Is Sending Basil to the Moon
- Saturns Hexagon Mega Storm Seen By Cassini
- Officials blamed in deaths of 19 Ariz. firefighters