Protesters marching in the tens of thousands rallied in Italy on Sunday to rail against the policies of the new coalition government. Around 100,000 protesters, led by trade unionists, converged on Rome to wave red flags and placards, urging changes to austerity measures. The union-led crowd called for the new government of centre-left Prime Minister, Enrico Letta, to focus on job ...
Americans are at their most optimistic since 2007 according to a Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan index of consumer sentiment. The preliminary index has shown optimism increased to 83.7 in May as stocks surged and real estate climbed. With record stock prices boosting household wealth and unemployment down in some areas, consumers were able to see their way through the effects of ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Britain's Financial Times was hacked last week by a mysterious group calling itself the Syrian Electronic Army. The newspaper's technology blog was hacked to display a slogan saying: "Hacked by the Syrian Electronic Army." Several Twitter feeds run by the Financial Times were also plastered with similar slogans. The FT later said its blogs and social media accounts had been compromised ...
Target Corp has opened a new office base in San Francisco in order to discover technology ideas. With the second-largest US retailer trying to grow its online commerce business, a Technology Innovation Center has been set up to develop mobile commerce, which has become a particular focus of retailers because new technology allows people to use their mobile devices to shop. With a huge ...
The World Wide Web is a strange, dizzying, sometimes dangerous but always fascinating environment. Unmappable and unknowable, it is like outer-space reinscribed as inner-space in millions of computers all across the world. It's a place where anything can happen, and everything usually does. ...
The Saudi Arabia state news agency has reported a coordinated attack on the country's government websites. Several government websites in Saudi Arabia came under heavy cyber attacks last week, shutting them down for a short time. The attacks have been traced to IP addresses from a number of countries. Saudi investigators found the attacks had been launched from hundreds of Internet ...
LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures dropped Monday, facing an eighth straight session of losses, with data showing an increase in bearish bets on the precious metal, while silver futures were on track for their steepest decline in a ...
Europe will dampen growth this year.The Dublin-based company, which operates on more than 1,600 routes, carried 79.3 million passengers in the year to 31 March, an increase of 5% on a year earlier as revenues improved 13% to EUR4.8bn (4.1bn).Post-tax profits rose to EUR569m and the airline is hopeful of another rise this year, albeit at a slower rate of growth as economic conditions put pressure ...
inflation was here to stay.The Ernst & Young Item Club, which uses the Treasury's model of the UK economy for its forecasts, estimates that persistently high inflation has already knocked almost 3% off UK growth in the last three years.It expects inflationary pressures to peak over the summer and said it is unlikely the CPI measure will dip below 2.5% over the next four years.While the ...
Marissa Mayer, the former Google executive who is now chief executive of the listing web content company, is signalling a desire to give the company more social media strength and Tumblr, which was founded in 2007 by David Karp, then 21, in a bedroom in his mother's apartment in New York, is the lucky entrepreneur to ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Former Liberian Catholic Cleric Michael Francis Dies at 77
- Assassination Attempt or Foiled Rescue Op Suspect Held in Hans Williams Case
- ‘The Government Is Doing What It Can’ Liberian Prez on Governance Corruption
- ‘We’ll Make Up’ Liberian Prez Sirleaf Somersaults Over ‘Spat’ With Liberia Media
- Liberia Maritime Flies High 1st Batch of Cadets Graduate from Training Academy
- Sleep apnea in seniors linked to Alzheimers
- For the elderly in US poetry blunts the pain of isolation
- Link Between Depression And A Nearly Doubled Stroke Risk In Middle-Aged Women
- Medical care of elderly patient criticised
- Bodies in ditch are missing brothers aged nine and seven
- Guptas misused diplomatic contacts to land illegally at S.Africa military base
- Decision to prosecute Guptas lies with NPA S.African Police Justice Minister
- Radical Islamist Killed in Tunisia Street Protests
- Australian scientist plans to reveal rewrite history behind ancient coins discovery
- Brisbane cyclists loud sex talks led to renaming of route
- Putting group fitness classes in the proper light
- 2 FBI agents killed during training exercise at Virginia Beach
- Outside consultant Exercise-product start-up needs laser focus
- FBI Mourns the Loss of Two Special Agents Killed in Training Exercise
- Outpost Natural Foods plans July start 80 jobs for Mequon store
- Top Gears Jeremy Clarkson bawled out over Twitter baby jibe | Media Monkey
- Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood CCFC Praises France Baby TV Ban Urges FTC Action in the US
- ADHD linked to adult obesity study finds
- Parenting Time and the Use of Marijuana
- When Can Kids Be Left Home Alone
- In Sierra Leone – Bo Mayor denies beating up Councilor
- Sierra Leone Flour Mill may collapse accountant tells minister
- Investing in Sierra Leone for the Global Steel Industry
- Airtel Rising Stars tournament to commence soon
- Concord Store donates Le20 million to disaster management in Sierra Leone
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Car bombs in Baghdad south Iraq kill at least 34
- Briton given space station mission
- Senate committee moves toward vote on immigration