A woman from Newport, South Wales, has developed a peculiar condition in which she cleans and tidies the house while she is still sleeping. Claire Bartlett, 50, has an odd habit of doing the dishes, dusting and even shining the windows in a deep slumber, the Sun reported. It started in October 2012, but since she does such a good job of cleaning up, neither she nor husband Crispin, want to ...
Dina Garipova of Russia performs the song "What If" during the final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest at the Malmo Opera Hall in Malmo at the weekend. Photograph: Jessica Gow/Scanpix ...
Political analyst Dr Winford James said yesterday if the e-mails implicating the Prime Minister and two senior members of her Cabinet in criminal activities are true then "the Government would have no choice but to step down and call fresh ...
Chef and TV personality Andrew Zimmern and 13-year-old Isaac Xiong of Brooklyn Park discussed ways to cook squirrel on Tuesday, May 21, 2013. Zimmern, host of "Bizarre Foods" on the Travel channel, was visiting patients at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis. Isaac, who has leukemia, hunts and eats squirrels with his father and has been a longtime fan of Zimmern's show. ...
WASHINGTON -- Two prominent old-line Senate Republicans threw down the gauntlet to their more conversative colleagues on Tuesday, challenging them to stop obstructing the passage of a budget. Led by tea party Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and Mike Lee (R-Utah), Republicans have been preventing the Senate from sending the budget it passed earlier this year to a conference committee ...
Belle de jour [Blu-Ray]
In Luis Buuels Belle de jour, Catherine Deneuve plays Sverine Serizy, a blank-faced bourgeois housewife who learns how to feed her inner masochist when she begins prostituting herself during weekday afternoons at a tony Parisian brothel. The film was released the same year as Je ... ...
But one pre-school has decided children's imaginations are getting too wild and has moved to ban superhero games.A school flyer has emerged online warning of the dangers of superhero antics.''The imaginations of our preschool children are becoming dangerously overactive causing injuries within our pre-k community,'' the flyer ...
Michael Douglas, right, plays Liberace and Matt Damon is Scott Thorson in "Behind the Candelabra," which tells the strange story of Thorson's life before and after his relationship with Liberace. (CLAUDETTE BARIUS | ...
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentinos Juniors, staring into the jaws of relegation, have had a set of false teeth thrown at their coach by an angry fan while the club's president has quit his seat at the Argentine ...
The Rob Ford spectacle is incredible and outrageous and his friends need to demand that he do the right thing
Canadians trust their politicians to do the right thing, even if they do the wrong thing. They trust them to have honour, and to respect the honour of their office.The time for Toronto Mayor Rob Ford to address allegations that he was captured on videotape smoking crack in the presence of a drug dealer was last Friday, when the allegations emerged, or Tuesday at the latest. The moment passed him ...
Las Damas de Blanco .Ten long years ago they came together after the government crackdown on dissidents and independent journalists known as Black Spring, when 74 men and one woman were thrown in prison and handed long sentences. The men were their husbands, fathers, sons and brothers. The Ladies in White became their voices on the outside.To this day, despite beatings and detentions, in ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Only 20 miles from Kono International Airport on the Big Island of Hawaii. Access is easy, just turn left at ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Liberia Govt Publishes Landmark Resource Audit but Needs to Address Findings
- ‘Double Standard on Press Freedom’ Press Union Slams President Sirleaf Lifts Blackout
- Liberia’s Finance Minister Sets Conditions For Disbursing County Development Funds
- Career Development Is a Challenge for Liberians
- Americo-Liberians The 17th Tribe of Liberia – Part I
- I look forward to wrinkles says Winona Ryder
- Suicide on the Rise in Middle Aged Adults www.privateofficer.com
- Musician shares talents with seniors in Ojai
- Relatives turned away from aged care homes after complaining about standards
- Teacher to students ‘We are not dying today’
- Singer Kellie Pickler jives to victory on Dancing With the Stars
- STOCKS NEWS THAILAND-Shin Corp retreats after MSCI deletion announcement
- Italy - Factors to watch on May 22
- Google+ rolls out a redesign for mobile Web similar to desktop
- Teens Facebook is just like too much drama
- Questions raised over valuation dropping Guptas property price in S. Africa
- Over 7 million people now receiving HIV treatment in Africa - UN report
- Afghanistan Seeks Military Aid from India
- Rescuers Searching for Survivors Following Deadly US Tornado
- Coke Ad Hawks Pop Peace to India Pakistan
- Winger Ioane Faces Fitness Race for First Lions Test
- Are your children swimming in feces If youre taking them to public pools the answer is yes
- Over 800 world scientists agree GM crops are nothing short of a bio-war on our food
- Global warming debunked NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere
- Chinese herb eradicates cancer in 40 days says new research
- Her pink skies will keep me warm
- Liberia Govt Publishes Landmark Resource Audit but Needs to Address Findings
- “Unusual Suspects” are transforming access to Reproductive Health Services
- In Africa’s Great Lakes region peace dividend must follow peace deal
- Michael Felix Rowe Receives MEMOS Degree
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- US Space Tech Conference Expo focuses on commercial space flight
- Early vote points to close race as L.A. picks mayor
- Up to 30 hurt in crash in northwest Ohio
- Oklahoma short on storm shelters