Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Asserting that India is a complete film making destination Union Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi has offered wide opportunities to foreign film producers in the country. Speaking at the Cannes International Film Festival at Cannes, France, yesterday, the Minister said " We try constantly for creating new opportunities for the international filmmakers, to access diverse Indian locations, and ...
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh has taken a decision to award minor penalty of censure to four officers of DGCA namely James George, Assistant Director (Airworthiness), V.P. Massey, Director (Airworthiness), R.K. Yadav, Assistant Director (Airworthiness) and Rajiv Gaur, Assistant Director (AE) for non-intimation of employment of their dependents in the private airlines or any sector under ...
Economic activity associated with tourism grew 4 percent in 2012 compared with the year before, Mexico's INEGI statistics service said. Spending by foreign and domestic tourists increased by 4.7 percent last year. In the fourth quarter of 2012, tourism activity topped the same period in 2011 by 4 percent, INEGI said Monday. By segments, spending by domestic tourists rose 4.8 percent, while ...
aviation authority approved two new airlines in May, ending its policy of not granting approval to any airline. The Civil Aviation Administration of China approved an application on May 17 for Qingdao Airlines Co Ltd, which will have 1 billion yuan ($163.1 million) in registered capital. Three companies ...
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax [Blu-Ray]
The Lorax, a clever environmental fable first published in 1971, has always been the angriest and most directly political book authored by the prolific Theodore Geisel (aka, Dr. Seuss), even though the author himself always professed to be wary of lecturing and speechifying. Thu ... ...
Earnings from tourism in Mauritius fell 12.4 percent from a year earlier to 12 billion rupees (R3bn) in the first three months of this year as the weak economic environment in Europe hurt visitors’ spending. Statistics Mauritius cut its forecast for visitor arrivals this year to 990 000 from a previous estimate of 1 million, but expected tourism revenue to rise to 46.1bn rupees from 44.3bn ...
The selection of Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, for the "best medical tourism facility" award, as part of the National Tourism Awards 2011-12 by the Union ministry of tourism, has kicked up a controversy.The awards were presented by President Pranab Mukherjee in the presence of Tourism Minister K. Chiranjeevi at a function in New Delhi on March 18. Andhra Pradesh, Chiranjeevi's home ...
MUSCAT, Oman - In response to the directives of His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said to convert Sultan Qaboos Port into a tourist port, Dr Ahmed bin Salim Al Futaisi, Minister of Transport and Communications, announced Sunday, the approval of the master plan for the development of the port for tourism and for the establishment of a specialised company that will act as a developer for the project. ...
Economy-class passengers on the new route, which will initially use an Airbus 340, will be charged about 5,500 yuan ($895.4) for return tickets up to the end of ...
Medical tourism has been brought to the fore with renewed optimism and a host of projects as announced by the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) on Sunday. The projects are part of the authority's strategy for 2013-2025, which build on His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai's long-term sustainable development ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Metro Hotel on Pitt
A truly affordable hotel in Sydney, with stylish decor, great location and in-house snazzy brasserie? If the notion of affordable ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Liberia Liberias Success Will Be Americas Success
- Liberia The Changing Face of Land Disputes
- Spirit of Jealousy Envy Major Challenge in Liberia Says Departing IA Minister
- Daniel Chea Breaks Silence on Losing Complaints Fraud Allegations Against NEC
- ‘Becoming Human Again’ Liberia’s Fistula Survivors Share Stories of Redemption
- Bed sharing with parents raises risk of a baby dying from SIDS fivefold
- Winona Ryder proud of forehead lines
- Dame Helen Mirren becomes the Queen for dying fan
- Sleep apnea in seniors linked to Alzheimers
- Wine aged in Charleston Harbor being recovered
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Pistorius wont compete in 2013 due to murder trial
- Molecular trigger for onset of Alzheimers pinpointed
- Gupta family acknowledges some misjudgments made in landing chartered jet at S. Africa base
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- More time in gym class lowers obesity risk in kids
- WA teen exercise rates alarming
- Discover the seven most nutrient-dense foods on earth
- List of dangerous antidepressants that cause sudden death is rapidly expanding
- Study Deadly superbug MRSA now being found at U.S. wastewater treatment plants
- Liberia The Changing Face of Land Disputes
- Obama to take first major Africa trip in late June
- Kent Sierra Leone thrash Police Women’s Cricket Club by 9 wickets
- In Sierra Leone NATCOM Chairman lauded for his ‘unwavering commitment to integrity’ as a regulator
- Office of the Prosecutor Trains Police Prosecutors in Kingtom Sierra Leone
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Climate change after cosmic impact may have wiped out wooly mammoths
- Venus Jupiter and Mercury will dance in spring twilight
- Committee nears final big immigration decisions
- One giant leap for Britain UKs first official astronaut Major Tim Peake on tweeting like Chris Hadfield and missing his wife and sons
- Easier travel ahead for Conn. commuters