(Credit: Bill Detwiler/CNET) It's happened to a lot of people -- their iPhone drops from their hands, falls off their lap, plunks into a toilet, or gets knocked off a table. Showing off a cracked iPhone screen is sometimes almost a point of pride. I have one friend who lovingly calls his damaged phone "The Hurt Locker," referring to the 2008 movie about a bomb disposal team ...
The "Daily Show" simply had to have an opinion on Tim Cook's appearance in front of the supposedly stern senators. His opinion of both the Senate and Apple wasn't exactly ...
Federal Communications Commission on Thursday, Mr. Schumer, Democrat of New York, urged the two to carefully consider the SoftBank deal in the wake of widespread attacks by Chinese hackers. "The protection of our critical infrastructure is a topic of intense legislative scrutiny," the Democratic senator from New York wrote in the letter, which was reviewed by a reporter for the The ...
In a pretrial hearing for the antitrust lawsuit, the judge says she thinks the Justice Department will be able to show direct evidence that Apple "facilitated a conspiracy to raise prices of ...
U.S. crude futures dropped to around $94 a barrel on Friday after disappointing China data and on lingering concerns the U.S. Federal Reserve would curb its stimulus program. ...
The Day of the Locust [DVD]
The 1970s was a period of great artistic freedom in Hollywood, when the major studios, in dire financial straits after a string of big-budget flops in the late 1960s, turned over the reins to young auteurs and foreign directors. For the first time in Hollywoods history, major films were being produced by filmmakers who were not craftsmen who had worked their way up through the industry ala John F ... ...
Google is considering a bid for the mobile mapping and navigation company, Bloomberg reports. Could this be a play to keep Facebook out of its ...
(Reuters) - Google Inc is considering buying Israeli mobile satellite navigation start-up Waze Inc, which may lead to a bidding war with Facebook Inc, Bloomberg news reported, citing people familiar with the ...
(Credit: CNET/Marguerite Reardon) LAS VEGAS -- When it comes to emerging tech, crazy accessories, and carrier news, you can always count on a mobile conference to deliver. CTIA 2013 was a much quieter show than in years past, with the biggest carriers and manufacturers largely opting out to focus on their own launch events. While this confab felt the brunt of companies' shifting ...
AT&T's new "Mobility Administrative Fee" is raising wireless bills by 61 cents a month -- a move that could reportedly raise half a billion dollars for the ...
(Credit: Hulu) Those companies looking to get a piece of the Hulu pie had until this week to put in their first round of bids for the video streaming service. And, it appears that so far four companies have gone in for a slice. Former News Corp president Peter Chernin, private equity fund Guggenheim Digital Media (which is headed the former interim Yahoo CEO by Ross Levinsohn), satellite ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Soil Atlas of Africa created to help farmers land managers
- May 9th African Community Conversation An Open Community Thank You Letter
- APs Frank Timis loses $1bn as questions mount about share slump Liberias Oil Discovery In Danger
- Liberia University of Liberia Graduates Over 500 Without Visitor or Keynote Speaker
- Leave No Stone Unturned in the Fight Against HIVAids
- Vienna council agrees on longevity pay rate
- Mentally ill dying decades younger
- 7 Tips to Help Beat Your Aging Parents Loneliness
- Anyone can record a dying declaration Supreme Court rules
- Trump wins lawsuit against elderly woman
- UN official highlights positive trends in Africa to protect indigenous peoples rights
- DR Congo In Goma Secretary-General hails regional accord as best chance for peace in years
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- African Leaders to Meet As AU Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- Jennifer Love Hewitt enjoys being in own skin
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Modi inaugurates Yoga University in Ahmedabad
- Affluent Indians develop taste for organic food says survey
- Winners all around in Encinitas yoga trial
- Madonna recalls meeting Kim Kardashian as a baby
- Video 523 Obama The war on terror like all wars must end baby born as tornado struck
- Reba Star Reveals New Babys Name
- Oklahoma miracle baby -- born amidst tornado chaos
- Doctors save baby’s life with 3D-printed tracheal implant
- As HIMS intervenes… rainy season scares disabled persons
- Journalists to bag IMC awards
- As Health Ministry rejects DHS report Le800 Million in limbo
- Compromising raw data for personal gains
- Beheaded corpse discovered at Portee Wharf
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- NASAs Chandra explores hidden population of exotic neutron stars
- Hubble reveals Ring Nebulas true shape
- Rare birth of mega-galaxy captured by space telescope
- New Russian spacecraft reusable for up to five flights
- Shapiro Obama hits reset button on national security