Sarah Michelle Gellar shared her best parenting advice ever as she showed up at the CBS Upfront event for her new comedy series, The Crazy Ones, in New York City. When it comes to her parenting style, the Vampire Slayer actress said she likes to keep it simple, Us magazine reported. The mom of two told the publication that her parenting tip is not too original but it works. The 36-year-old ...
A pediatrician has said that if infants don't spend time on their stomach, it will be much harder for them to push on their arms, which will not only delay rolling over but may also flatten the back portion of their skull. Hannah Chow-Johnson, MD, pediatrician at Loyola University Health System and assistant professor in the department of pediatrics at Loyola University Chicago Stritch School ...
Nanaia Mahuta had to remain at Parliament until midnight with her baby girl, Nuia-Cybele because her vote was needed. Photo / Christine Cornege Parliament's Speaker is considering a rule change for MPs with babies after Labour MP Nanaia Mahuta was required to be in Parliament with her 5-month-old baby until midnight last week because Labour needed her there so it could cast its ...
The baby was a girl.As her first cries rang through the hospital room, her mother began to cry, too.Through 14 hours of labour, Patricia Block had refused pain medication so she would remember this moment: her daughter's cries, her bright eyes and chubby arms, the way it felt to hold her.She named the baby Amber Joy and prayed time would stand still.Two days later, a social worker took ...
The news keeps getting better for baby Songezo Mbambo and his mother after receiving donations from readers and assurances by the uMzimkhulu Municipality that the family’s dire housing situation would be ...
The Battle of Algiers (La Battaglia di Algeri) [DVD]
For many, Gillo Pontecorvos The Battle of Algiers is the pinnacle of leftwing oppositional cinema, a sharply political film that draws the viewer in with its documentary aesthetic as it relives a crucial moment of anti-colonial resistance. Made in 1965, a scant three years ... ...
THE parents of a baby labelled "ugly" and ridiculed on national television will today seek legal action after Channel 9 refused to ...
For many women, the extra calories that are vital for a healthy pregnancy often become a green light to indulge and give into cravings. In fact, more than 30 percent of women who have a normal weight before becoming pregnant gain more than the recommended amount during pregnancy, according to the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention's Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System. If ...
Rafael Benitez is confident striker Fernando Torres can return to being an unstoppable force as the interim boss prepares for his final competitive game at ...
A couple suspected of being terrorists were shot dead after using their baby as a human shield when they were surrounded by police in Kenya.The pair also threw grenades at police who had tracked them down to a flat they were staying at in Nairobi. Five police officers were injured by the grenades.Augustine Nthumbi, the officer in charge of the Githurai Kimbo area on Nairobi's outskirts, ...
A YOUNG couple are demanding an apology from The Footy Show after a photo of their firstborn was broadcast on Thursday night without their ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Britains Obama urges stronger economic ties with West Africa
- Breaking Boundaries A Fresh Start After Liberian Civil War - A Wdaz Tv Feature
- LIBERIA Journalists To Meet Monday For Another Action On Media ‘Blackout’ Against The Presidency
- African-American Faithfuls Others Rally at State Capitol to Shape Justice Bill
- Minnesota-Based Pro-USA Awards Sports Training Scholarships to Minority Youth
- Banana consumption increases thanks to aging populaion
- H7N9 worse for elderly
- Jewelry thieves targeting seniors
- Zimbabwe Teenage Girls Dying of Pregnancy Complications
- Elderly pedestrians struck by car in Parkville
- Australian scientist plans to reveal rewrite history behind ancient coins discovery
- Brisbane cyclists loud sex talks led to renaming of route
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Man mugged outside 24 Hour Fitness
- HIIT training produces bigger payoff with less exercise time
- Yoga instructor Tara Stiles launches Reebok apparel line
- Adam Kokesh violently dragged from public protest by police arrested for resisting arrest
- DFID sign ₤4.4 Million MOU with Sierra Leone Ministry of Trade and Industry
- We’re in top gear for WFA Division I League – Abir Bangura
- APRM holds Inaugural Governance Forum
- Kennice Charles helps demolish Pentagon FC
- Lebanese Committee Raise Concern
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- McConnell ‘There is a culture of intimidation throughout the administration’
- Commander Hadfield returns to Earth