Weiner, the candidate who infamously resigned from the U.S. Congress two years ago in a sexting scandal, unveiled a video announcing his mayoral candidacy and a campaign logo on his website on ...
A man pretending to be South Korean pop star Psy has blagged his way into some of the biggest parties at the Cannes film festival, it has emerged. The imposter bears a resemblance to the Gangnam Style singer and had been spotted at VIP events at the world famous festival. He partied with stars, picked up freebies, danced on a French TV show, and even signed a deal to take part in a Monaco ...
Christian singer-songwriter and actress Rebecca St. James will be in "A Strange Brand of Happy," a movie slated for limited release this fall, but St. James is hoping to change ...
When it comes to testicular cancer, commercial real estate broker Mike Wyatt has been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Wyatt, an executive vice president in the Dallas office of Cushman & Wakefield of Texas, was diagnosed in 1994, at age 31. When you hear the C word, it strikes terror all the way through to your bone marrow, Wyatt said. Eighteen years ago, the world was a different place. ...
Sergio Garcia Tiger Woods fried chicken racism row takes fresh twist after coloured athletes comment
The racism row involving Sergio Garcia and Tiger Woods took a fresh twist today following comments from European Tour chief executive George ...
There are so many ways in which Jim Sheridans In America could have gone wrong. The intensely personal story of an Irish immigrant family trying to make it in New York City against all odds, it has all the elements of sappy sentimentalism, including a third act that takes place almost entirely inside a hospital and features not just one main character dying, but two others who are, at vari ... ...
CLEVELAND (Reuters) - The man made famous for putting down his Big Mac to help free three women held captive for about a decade in a Cleveland house will never have to buy a hamburger in his hometown ...
will present the boxed bobblehead to the first 1,000 fans through the gates. The box will be empty. "This will be the best kind of bobblehead a fan could get," Freedom General Manager Josh Anderson ...
That's one of the details released Thursday about an investigation dubbed "Operation Swill." Twenty-nine bars and restaurants in the state are accused of putting cheap booze in premium brand liquor bottles and selling it to patrons who thought they were buying the good stuff. Officials would not say which bar used the rubbing alcohol. But they say no health issues were ...
A small percentage of the dark matter in our universe might be able to interact with itself through an as-of-yet unknown dark force, forming dark atoms and possibly even emitting dark light. Lest you think theoretical physicists have gone completely off the deep end, this form of dark matter, called double-disk dark matter, has some specific cosmological consequences that astronomers could ...
OSLO (Reuters) - Defying the stereotype of the tight-lipped Scandinavian, popular Norwegian crime writer Hans Olav Lahlum set the world record for the longest interview on Thursday after spending more than 30 non-stop hours chatting in an online ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- May 9th African Community Conversation An Open Community Thank You Letter
- APs Frank Timis loses $1bn as questions mount about share slump Liberias Oil Discovery In Danger
- Liberia University of Liberia Graduates Over 500 Without Visitor or Keynote Speaker
- Leave No Stone Unturned in the Fight Against HIVAids
- PUL Gives Position On Ellens Double Standard On Press Freedom in Liberia
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- BBC sitcom Hi-de-Hi star Paul Shane dies aged 72 after short illness
- Mystery of aging Swiss scientists one step closer to breaking longevity secrets
- Man charged after elderly couple assaulted in County of Wetaskiwin
- Working poor seniors are hidden sufferers of suburban poverty aid group chief says
- South Sudans President Says Never to ICC
- African Leaders to Meet As AU Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- Proteas back Steyn to be better than more skillful Anderson
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of Guptagate
- Jennifer Love Hewitt enjoys being in own skin
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Modi inaugurates Yoga University in Ahmedabad
- Affluent Indians develop taste for organic food says survey
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Rising GDP amid growing poverty in Sierra Leone
- Opening remarks by Deputy Minister Sheka Tarawalli at setting up of the Independent Police Complaints Board
- SLPP Kailahun Youths Hail President Koroma’s Government
- The announcement of a rare historical discovery An actual photo of Bai Bureh Sierra Leone’s greatest hero
- Limited access to information enhances corruption and poverty -ACC
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Astronaut Packs Crafts for Creative Space Station Trip
- Destination Moon Private Spaceflight Companies Eye Lunar Bases
- Spaceport America Helps Launch Sci-Fi Film After Earth
- Hurricane season is going to be wild NOAA
- NOAA Predicts Above-Average Hurricane Season