Kanye West’s debuted a new song, ';New Slaves,'; for a mass audience on Saturday Night Live this weekend, and as an art project last ...
OLYMPIA, Washington (Reuters) - With Washington state about to embark on a first-of-its-kind legal market for recreational marijuana, the budding ranks of new cannabis growers face a quandary over what to do with the excess stems, roots and leaves from their ...
Karl Rove addresses the Virginia Chamber of Commerce. (Steve Helber) Karl Rove is offering America a super-sized serving of political cynicism. Since the controversy over the targeting of grassroots tea party groups for extra scrutiny by the Internal Revenue Service ...
ROME (Reuters) - A man climbed onto a ledge on the dome of St Peter's Basilica on Monday and unfurled a banner protesting against a "political horror show", an apparent reference to Italy's embattled coalition struggling with recession and high ...
Willis is the pseudonym of Nadia Khiari, a cartoonist from Tunisia whose acerbic and ironic drawings are gaining an international following, mainly through social media and selected journals. Michel Kichka is the prominent Belgian-born, Israel-based cartoonist whose work is viewed eagerly in his adopted country. In Cannes, they joined fellow cartoonists Plantu of France and Dilem of Algeria to ...
Well theyre some sad things known to man, sang Smokey Robinson, But aint too much sadder than the tears of a clown--an easy sentiment (no offense to Smokey) that is exactly what writer/director Judd Apatow is trying to undercut in Funny People, his third feature film. It has alre ... ...
"Burger Bash," developed by NMA-TV, lets you throw burgers at Ariel Castro -- the man accused of kidnapping three women and holding them in his Cleveland home for 10 ...
Video: Has Mad Men ruined the rest of TV? Jokes about these matters abound. Snippy comments, acid remarks, one-liners. Most can be found on Twitter, 140 characters at a time. One good joke gets repeated ceaselessly.Our current circumstance helps us put into perspective, I think, the dearth of good TV comedy these days. In recent weeks I've written about both Louis C.K. and Amy Schumer, ...
LONDON (Reuters) - Two microscope slides bearing the blood of former Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi are to go on sale in London on Tuesday and are expected to fetch from 10,000 pounds to 15,000 pounds ($15,200-$22,800). The slides were obtained in ...
PRAGUE (Reuters) - Rail passengers searching for love in the Czech capital need look no further than the daily commute as the city makes plans to designate carriages on its underground trains for ...
FRESNO, Calif. -; Two suspects arrested for breaking into a car in Central California accidentally called 911 on a cellphone, which led police to ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Liberian-American Shot Dead in Trenton
- Our Imperative for Coexistence Countering Looming Distrust and Tensions
- LIBERIA Swedish Govt Provides US$2M To Liberia
- Ban Ki-moon and Jim Yong Kim to Make Historic Joint Visit to Africa’s Great Lakes Region May 22-24
- The changing face of land disputes in Liberia
- Dame Helen Mirren becomes the Queen for dying fan
- Sleep apnea in seniors linked to Alzheimers
- For the elderly in US poetry blunts the pain of isolation
- Rioters in Sweden protest alleged brutality racism after police shoot elderly man
- NY high school talks to its seniors about shooting
- Woman wishes to stay in Britain to avoid becoming 14th virgin queen of Swaziland
- Guptas misused diplomatic contacts to land illegally at S.Africa military base
- Decision to prosecute Guptas lies with NPA S.African Police Justice Minister
- Radical Islamist Killed in Tunisia Street Protests
- Zimbabwe mining chamber criticizes minerals proposals
- B vitamins may slow the advance of Alzheimers
- Doctors increasingly declaring bankruptcy as Obamacare kicks in causing widespread care shortages
- Maca root improves libido boosts stamina and lowers cholesterol
- Mango the new diabetes and cancer buster
- Genetically modified democracy Monsanto moves to obliterate states rights to label GMOs
- Obama discusses racism fatherhood with black college grads
- Video Lady Antebellum ready for baby hiatus
- Rosie Pope helps navigate exotic baby gear
- Pregnant woman begs court to let her abort baby
- Oh baby Researchers explore symbolic meaning behind infant-feeding choices
- Judge gives 72hrs for lawyer’s papers as Afri radio goes to Appeal Court
- AIG launched Operation Watch your Neighbour
- IMC to award Journalists on 24th May
- Sierra Leonean arrested over fake passport in Bangkok
- GTBank Ltd Opens Wellington Branch
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 1st British Space Station Astronaut Launching in 2015
- NASAs Curiosity Rover Drills Into 2nd Mars Rock
- Warp Drive Transporters How Star Trek Technology Works
- Tim Peakes space station mission could put a rocket under Britains economy
- Downright chilling targeting of Fox News reporter