Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet is raring to go at the Deloitte Ladies Open after her recent success at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th. Sharmila, the only Indian at the Ladies European Tour (LET), is playing in the prestigious tour for a second successive year and will compete against some of the top lady golfers in the world. The 250,000 euro ...
MIAMI - Capt. Michael Burke sailed through life with his unending spirit and romantic outlook, touching the lives of many with his cruise empire, Windjammer Barefoot Cruises. His own journey came to and end Sunday, when the 89-year-old succumbed to pneumonia at his Miami Beach home. With his colorful character and grandiose disposition, Burke was an unforgettable personality for the legions of ...
Summer is one of the busiest travel times of the year in a lot of places--with a few exceptions. It's low season in many tropical locales, winter-sports meccas, and destinations on the other side of the hemisphere. And low season, of course, equates to a high chance of money-saving travel deals. We compared peak and off-peak pricing in a variety of destinations to bring you the most ...
The appetizer at the Bar-B-Q shop includes polish sausage and BBQ bologna, both doused in the signature house sauce, plus cheese, crackers and hot ...
The Canterbury Tales (I racconti di Canterbury) [Blu-Ray]
The middle film in Pier Paolo Pasolinis controversial Trilogy of Life, The Canterbury Tales (I racconti di Canterbury) is also the darkest and least appealing of the three films, which is ironic given than Pasolini ends with himself playing Canterbury au ... ...
Experts say it will cost more to rent a car or stay in a hotel over the holiday weekend Tens of millions of Americans are going to get away this Memorial Day weekend, but not as many as last year. According to the auto club AAA, 34.8 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home for the unofficial start of the summer travel season, a 0.9% dip from 2012.As usual, most will make their ...
Turkish Airlines plans to expand cooperation with Azerbaijan opening the Istanbul-Lankaran air flight. "We are negotiating with the Azerbaijani side on the opening of a flight to Lankaran. It will presumably open in summer of 2014", head of the company Temel Kotil told Azerbaijani journalists as part of the International Transport Forum in Leipzig. Lankaran will be the fourth ...
Positively Cleveland wants to get more people in service-related jobs involved in promoting the city. Cleveland tourism group Positively Cleveland will train about 500 bartenders, taxi cab drivers and other people in service-related positions to become ambassadors of the city, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. The group outlined that plan and other visions for the city's future at its ...
Kerala News: The first seaplane aircraftfor Kerala has reached New Delhi for the mandatory clearances from the Customs and the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and is expected to arrive in Kochi, the base of the seaplane operations, later this ...
The Shangri-La Bosphorus has just opened in a converted 1930s tobacco warehouse on the European side of the Bosphorus in Istanbul. Its guestrooms range from 42- to 60-square-metres in size, most with river views; 17 suites have private terraces. Istanbul's Shangri-La has a Chi spa and a signature Chinese restaurant, Shang Palace, all of which will be familiar to Abu Dhabi's residents. ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Novotel Hotel St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
Just a few minutes drive north of Melbourne lies St Kilda beach. Overlooking the ocean is the six-storey Novotel, built ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Kenya Liberian President Sirleaf makes stop-over in Nairobi
- Kenya Cabinet Secretary meets Liberia President at Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Country Devil Fear Scares Teachers Students
- Land Inventory Project Begins in Gbarnga
- Tobert Bemoans Lack of Medical Staff At LFA Game
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Sex assaults against elderly a concern
- Hazel Hawke dies aged 83
- Sick Inmates Dying Behind Bars Despite Release Program
- Cask ahoy Winery tests ocean aging
- Xbox One should TV broadcasters be afraid
- UPDATE 2-EU wants big companies to reveal national tax bills
- Hands soaked in blood London knifeman declares his creed on video
- Siri competitor Sherpa goes after Google Glass
- DEALTALK-Hospital firms say research tie-ups can clinch takeovers
- Retiring Kirsten hopes to go out with a bang with Proteas Champions Trophy win
- Proteas back Steyn to be better than more skillful Anderson
- South African MP says Prez Zuma root cause of Guptagate
- Hamid Ansari to represent India at 50th African Union Summit in Ethiopia
- International community must help Darfur become self-sufficient 8211 UN official
- DC comics win court case over Melbourne gyms Superman workout
- Modi inaugurates Yoga University in Ahmedabad
- Affluent Indians develop taste for organic food says survey
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Dont forget fitness on holiday
- Kenya Cabinet Secretary meets Liberia President at Jomo Kenyatta Airport
- Liberia Prince Johnson Accuses Sirleaf of Vote Rigging in 2011
- Liberia Audits Verifications Without Prosecution a Waste of Liberias Taxpayers Money
- Liberia Defaults in Labor Law Decent Work Bill
- Liberia LTA Parliamentarians Make Suggestions to Improve Telecomunications Sector
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Why Dont We Have Space Elevators Yet
- Hot Young Stars Radiation Will One Day Erase This Picture | Video
- How to fix college
- Czech police search for American suspected of killing family
- NOAA to release hurricane season forecast today