Senior Janata Dal- United (JD-U) leader Shivanand Tiwari on Sunday in the wake of the spot-fixing saga in the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) said cricket is no longer a sport, but a trade. Tiwari said: "It is no longer a sport rather it's more like a trade now, hence the incident does not come as a surprise. The way players are being auctioned is similar to that of slaves in ancient times. ...
The Vice President of the Board of Cricket Control for India (BCCI), Rajiv Shukla on Sunday said strict actions would be taken if the players are found guilty after the Working Committee submits its report. Shukla said: "In the Working Committee meeting of the BCCI, it was decided that strict action would be taken on all those who indulge in betting and match fixing. The accused players are ...
Cricket Australia (CA) Sunday said David Warner has been reported for breaching their Code of Behaviour. Warner is alleged to have breached Rule 6 which is "Unbecoming behaviour, regarding comments posted on his twitter account". The rule states that "players and officials must not at any time engage in behaviour unbecoming to a representative player or official that could (a) bring them or ...
Buzz has it that 2000 Olympics medallist Ian Thorpe Thorpe and James Middleton, the brother of the Duchess of Cambridge, have become flatmates. Thorpe, who was a guest at Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding two years ago and has considered the royal family amongst his closest friends since the 2000 Olympics, has spent significant amount of time in London in the recent months, the Age ...
O.J. Simpson has recently revealed that he had been drinking for the whole day on Sept. 13, 2007, before he robbed two sports memorabilia dealers in a Las Vegas hotel. But sources close to the case think that it might be that watching "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that afternoon made Simpson impulsive, the New York Post reported. The family of Ronald Goldman, who was murdered along with Simpson's ...
The Night Heaven Fell (Les Bijoutiers du clair de lune) [DVD]
Director Roger Vadim and his wife-star Brigitte Bardot first collaborated in 1956 on ... And God Created Woman, which was also Vadim's directorial debut after years of cowriting scripts for lesser Bardot films. Although not a great hit in its native France, the film had an enormous impact on how "foreign films" and "art films" were perceived in the United States. The film's exhilarating mi ... ...
The popular cycling map app Strava has had one of its most popular Brisbane segments renamed 'Bedroom antics - shhhh' after complaints from homeowners along that route that riders were talking loudly about their sex lives. According to News.com.au, complaints from Yeronga residents sparked a petition last month to crack down on riders talking too loudly along a stretch of the popular River ...
England and the West Indies will play three Twenty20 matches and three One-Day Internationals in the Caribbean early next year, the West Indies Cricket Board announced. The three One-Day Internationals will be played at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Grounds in Antigua while Kensington Oval in Barbados will host the T20 games, the WICB said Saturday, reports CMC. The Twenty20 matches will be ...
Bermudian striker Nahki Wells says he is delighted with his role in helping Bradford City win promotion to League One after his football club swept aside Northampton Town 3-0 in the League Two play-off final at Wembley Stadium. Wells, 22, made history by becoming the first Bermudian to score Saturday at Wembley, home of English football, reports CMC. Wells netted his team's third goal in front ...
West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron says "character and focus" are the main factors that have driven West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul to reach the milestone of 300 first class matches. The 38-year-old achieved the rare feat appearing for Derbyshire against Sussex in the English County championship, reports CMC. "On behalf of the Board of Directors of ...
World and Olympic champion Kirani James powered to victory against his main rivals from London 2012 Olympics in the 400 metres at Shanghai's Diamond League meet. The Grenadian quarter miler raced ahead on the final bend to edge 2008 Olympic champion, the USA's Lashawn Merritt, into second place Saturday, reports Xinhua. Luguelin Santos of the Dominican Republic, the silver medallist from last ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel InterContinental Singapore
I took a taxi from Changi International Airport, and arrived about 15 minutes later at the InterContinental. The cab fare ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Breaking Boundaries A Fresh Start After Liberian Civil War - A Wdaz Tv Feature
- LIBERIA Journalists To Meet Monday For Another Action On Media ‘Blackout’ Against The Presidency
- Britains Obama urges ties with West Africa
- African-American Faithfuls Others Rally at State Capitol to Shape Justice Bill
- Minnesota-Based Pro-USA Awards Sports Training Scholarships to Minority Youth
- Elderly pedestrians struck by car in Parkville
- 2nd Bronx Suspect In Elderly Mans Chain-Snatching Arrested
- Video China turns to age-old solution for rural elderly
- Film training will focus on issues for aging gays
- Up to 60 people injured after elderly driver ploughs into Virginia parade
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- Fugitive to police on Facebook Catch me if you can. They do
- How to really really make your naked Snapchat photos disappear
- Google Translate now serves 200 million people daily
- New Xbox more than a game console for Microsoft
- Australian scientist plans to reveal rewrite history behind ancient coins discovery
- Brisbane cyclists loud sex talks led to renaming of route
- Sectarian Violence Kills 11 in Iraq
- Pope Church Must Help Poorest Not Dissect Theology
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- The Hangover actor engaged
- Yoga instructor Tara Stiles launches Reebok apparel line
- Adam Kokesh violently dragged from public protest by police arrested for resisting arrest
- Yoga Can Help Lower Blood Pressure
- Gun control advocates now admit IRS intimidation scandal proves Second Amendment needed to stop government tyranny
- Every woman can be the “virtuous Woman” of the Bible Guests at Covenant Child Breakfast Fellowship told
- “Magburaka is rising again” President Koroma says at MBSS Prize-giving
- Zainab Bangura tells BBC Rapists try to break the spirit of their victims
- Romancing with Saudi media gurus
- Flour Mill may collapse accountant tells minister
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Britains first astronaut to go on space mission in 2015
- Rodents return to Earth after space flight
- Moon meteor blast visible to naked eye on Earth says NASA
- Britains Cameron losing control as rift with party core widens
- Kenya police kill terror couple