Samsung Electronics, the world's largest smartphone maker, said Thursday that it has sold more than 10 million units of Galaxy S4, the latest flagship smartphone model, in less than a month since its debut.Global sales of the Galaxy S4 smartphone surpassed the 10- million mark since its launch in April 27, according to an e- mailed statement.The new model set a new record for Samsung, ...
A handful of profiles and pages on the social network, which have been gathering places for Syrians to discuss their country's civil war, have mysteriously ...
Receipt scanning and a new interface, heavily influenced from the Cards look of Google Glass and Google Now, greet you in an update to Google Drive for ...
Self-printed guns aren't the only firearms altering the weapons landscape. Also out there: Precision rifles with high-tech scopes and auto-firing triggers, and iPhone adapters and apps that offer custom ...
campaigns to send vacationers to Mars , it’s time to start working out some of the logistics. One concern: How do you pack enough food to supply years-long space missions? One company, Systems and Materials Research Corporation (SMRC), believes the answer may be in 3-D food printing, and it has been selected to receive a $125,000 grant from NASA to construct a prototype. ...
It shouldnt come as much of a surprise that an R-rated comedy with the title Role Models features characters who are anything but. What is surprising, however, is what affably good fun the movie is despite its almost ridiculously by-the-numbers high-concept set-up that sounds like ... ...
also dropped 26 cents to $102.34 a barrel. The U.S. government's Energy Information Administration said gasoline inventories rose by 3 million barrels last week, suggesting the U.S. domestic fuel market was well supplied for the peak driving season. ...
a new Windows 8 ad sees Microsoft take Siri hostage, tie her up in a chair, and make her tell the truth. The truth as Microsoft sees it, that ...
With high quality digital cameras on every smartphone and apps that make your pictures even better, just about anyone can be an accomplished photographer. Sure, you may not be an accomplished professional photographer, but you can certainly upload your images to photo sharing sites and receive feedback to make your shots even better. As most people know, there are a number of popular services ...
(Credit: Samsung/YouTube Screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) Technology and love have a long relationship. In recent times, the former has played the dominant role. We now find partners online and one-night stands on our phones. However, Samsung would like you to know that the best way to meet the woman of your dreams is to pull out your gadget and stalk her a little. Perhaps this is ...
Glass Terms of Sale . Violating an electronic product's sale terms is practically a rite of passage, from ripping the safety tag off of mattresses to ripping CDs and DVDs. What makes this case unusual is that the Craigslister is clearly trying to make a buck: this pair of Glass, perhaps more valuable because of its rarity on Craigslist, is going for four times the market cost of $1,500. ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
New York Marriott Financial Center Hotel
I arrived by taxi to the hotel which is just a block from the former World Trade Center site. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- University of Liberia Graduates Over 500 Without Visitor or Keynote Speaker
- Expecting More From Liberian Govt Global Witness Presses GOL to Act on Audits
- Liberia Road to Peace Prosperity
- Defaults in Labor Law Decent Work Bill
- Assets Declaration Fallout in Liberia NPA MD Parker LACC Spar Over a ‘Lie’
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- ‘We have done this because Muslims are dying every day. . . We will never stop ’
- Woman charged with mistreatment of elderly mother
- Country living far from an easy stroll for nations elderly
- International community must help Darfur become self-sufficient 8211 UN official
- Obama Speech Attempts to Fulfill Pledges For More Transparency
- World motorsport chief to visit Botswana
- Uganda signs new national football coach
- Indian vice president visit to Ethiopia
- Lawsuit Schools spreading gospel of yoga
- Jose Canseco Denies Accusation of Sexual Assault in Las Vegas
- Judge to Decide If Yoga Belongs in Public Schools
- Small Study Suggests Statins May Blunt Benefits Of Exercise
- Perfect Wedding Dress Designs No Dieting Required
- January Jones keeps mum about paternity of son
- Iodine deficiency during pregnancy may lead to lower IQ among kids
- Murder charge for Schaibles who prayed over baby who died
- Injured baby finless porpoise dies in E China
- Boom Town Baby African stock market sees sizable gains
- Over Sierra Leone’s educational downturn… who takes the blame
- Sierra Leone Works Minister Commissions Ribbi Ferry
- Minister opens workshop on Science Technology
- FIFA instructor to organize goalkeeping meeting
- Kandeh Rovers FC win 2013 Big League Soccer Championship IP
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- NASA looks at 3-D printers for food on long missions
- Firefighters unprepared for Texas blast
- Youth violence in Stockholm shock Sweden
- Chicago board approves largest school closing