Manama-May-25(BNA)Health Minister Sadiq bin Abdulkarim Al-Shehabi returned home after attending the 66th annual meeting of the World Health Organisation in Geneva, Switzerland. He led Bahrain's delegation which included the Kingdom's Permanent Representative Dr. Abdulkarim Bucheeri, Assistant Undersecretary for Primary Care and Public Health Dr. Mariam Adhbi Al-Jalahmi, Public and ...
JERUSALEM, Israel -- Israeli pediatric surgeons corrected congenital heart defects on a four-year-old Syrian girl at Wolfson Medical Center in Holon on ...
Children Are Dying ,'; in which Alexandra Robbins, a former editorial assistant at this magazine, describes a baby named Atticus. Eleven weeks old and born about three months premature, he resides in the neonatal intensive-care unit at a Washington-area hospital, ';one of the most prominent in the country'; (though unnamed by Washingtonian, perhaps for legal reasons), yet the ...
A Business Friendly Contact Desk has been set up within the health ministry to promote contacts with the business community for ventures within the health sector. In a press conference held this morning at the Ministry of Health in Valletta, current Health Minister Godfrey Farrugia accompanied by his Chief of Staff, Claudio Tonna, said the desk will "serve as a contact point with the ...
Entertainment News: BANGALORE: Doctors, especially oncologists, in Bangalore have been flooded with queries about the treatment, after the story about Hollywood actor Angelina Jolie undergoing prophylactic double mastectomy broke about a week ...
(Major spoiler warning: For those who havent seen the movie yet, abandon this review and come back later if you dont want to know what the movies big twist is.) ...
The Angelina effect: Some doctors have been asked by patients, a few of whom have been treated for breast cancer earlier, to consider performing mastectomies on ...
Dr. Jacques Roy is seen in a court room sketch in Dallas Texas Monday March 5, 2012. (CBSDFW.COM photo) MONTREAL - The Canadian government has quietly revoked the passport of a Quebec doctor accused of defrauding the U.S. Medicare system of $375 million - before he's even had a trial. QMI Agency has learned that Passport Canada rescinded the passport of Dr. Jacques Roy, the Quebec ...
NEW ORLEANS-A California man has been sentenced to more than three years in prison for his role in a scheme to fraudulently bill Medicare and Medicaid more than $21 million for medical tests at New Orleans area clinics. U.S. District Judge Lance Africk on Friday sentenced 50-year-old Jerayr Rostamian, of Northridge, Calif., to 40 months in prison and ordered him to pay a $250,000 fine. Africk ...
Planned Parenthood American Journal of Public Health Study Shows Public Clinics Provide More Choices More Care
American Journal of Public Health Study Shows Public Clinics Provide More Choices, More Care WASHINGTON - August 14 - A new study in ...
Physicians for a National Health Program Millions of Chronically Ill Lacking Insurance Cant Get Needed Care
Millions of Chronically Ill, Lacking Insurance, Can't Get Needed Care CHICAGO - August 4 - Over 11 million Americans with chronic physical illnesses like heart disease, diabetes and asthma are not getting the medical care they need because they ...
Reported in the press
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Canada
A grand traditional hotel, in the heart of downtown Vancouver. The hotel is one of three Fairmonts in this Canadian-gateway ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Sierra Leone TimesSierra Leone Times – Independent Sierra Leone News Source
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Sierra Leone Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Sierra Leone news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Sierra Leone news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Sierra Leone news, the weather forecast for Sierra Leone you'll find it all in the Sierra Leone Times.
From Koidu and Makeni to Freetown, the Sierra Leone Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
29 April 2013 150 The Security Council today welcomed the joint declaration of non-violence signed last week in Conakry between the main Guinean stakeholders in which they committed themselves to resolve all differences exclusively through peaceful means.
In a statement issued to the press, the 15-member Council also welcomed the declaration by President Alpha Cond233; whereby he expressed his readiness to ensure the transparency and the credibility of the electoral process, and committed himself to accepting the results of the upcoming legislative elections.
In March, protests in the West African nation related to the polls led to several deaths and hundreds of injuries. At that time, both Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the UN human rights office appealed for calm amid the violence and urged political actors in Guinea to pursue dialogue to create conditions for peaceful elections.
The Council, which was briefed last Thursday on the situation in Guinea by Under-Secretary-General for Political Affairs Jeffrey Feltman, expressed its concern over the "volatile situation" in the country.
"The members of the Security Council deplored the violent incidents that occurred during the demonstrations in Conakry on 25 April 2013, which resulted in the death of one person and injured a number of others. ...
- Our Imperative for Coexistence Countering Looming Distrust and Tensions
- Liberian-American Shot Dead in Trenton
- LIBERIA Despite Detractors’ Quest To Malign Matilda W. Parker’s Reputation Women Bestows Honor
- PARIS Liberian Ambassador To France Lauds Peace Ambassador George Weah
- LIBERIA Several Question LACC Corruption Fight Described Action As “Witch-Hunt”
- Heart failure ups risk of male menopause 4 fold
- Accidents spotlight nation’s aging infrastructure
- Alberta seniors hospitalized after violent home invasion
- Elderly woman speaks about dog attack from hospital
- Collapse refocuses attention on aging spans
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- Kerry US Working with AU to Reduce Sudan Violence
- Kerry Calls on Nigeria to Stop Human Rights Abuses
- African Leaders Condemn Ongoing Use of Cluster Bombs
- Retiring Kirsten says two-in-one Kallis absence to leave huge void in Proteas squad
- Heather Graham displays yoga skills
- Ryder makes low-key gym comeback away from prying eyes following bar assault
- Women gymgoers filthier than men
- Magazines Quick yoga routines
- How to exercise during pregnancy
- Kim K convinces beau Kanye West to attend baby shower
- Monkey teeth give clues on when Neanderthal baby was weaned
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Says Having Babies Destroy Women Careers
- Kanye Wests Baby Photo Is Pretty Adorable
- Billionaire under fire after suggesting motherhood destroys ambition
- USA-based NGO funds Boama project
- Locals to Benefit from Mabang Bridge Reconstruction
- British citizen to become Member of Parliament
- “I Wish My Colleagues Good Luck against Tunisia and Cape Verde”- Rodney Strasser
- Hon. Moijueh Kaikai Leads Hajj Mission Team to Saudi Arabia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Sierra Leone Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Israel stunned by Hawking snub
- Earliest light in universe since Big Bang measured for 1st time
- Russia plans four spacecraft launches in 2014
- Opportunity Discovers Clays Favorable to Martian Biology and Sets Sail for Motherlode of New Clues
- Mars Society Proposes A Year-Long Arctic Mission To Better Prepare for the Red Planet